Date: October 18, 2023
Location: Ricketts Glen State Park, PA
Time: Sunrise - 4pm
We have timed this workshop to photograph the many waterfalls in Ricketts Glen State Park with the blazing autumn colors that it is so famous for. The workshop will begin at sunrise in the trailhead parking lot. We will hit the trail immediately and spend all day hiking and shooting as many waterfalls as we can. We should arrive back to the trailhead around 4pm in the afternoon.
Participants should plan to have a bag lunch with them as we will be having lunch on the trail at Water Meet, spending about an hour relaxing and refueling before we venture up the next Glen to a whole new set of waterfalls. We will spend 2-3 hours hiking up and shooting as many waterfalls as we can. We should return back to the trailhead parking lot around 3:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon.
This one day workshop is rated moderate to difficult depending on your level of fitness. Participants are required to hike 4-5 miles this day, at times over steep and narrow trails and over rocks and other obstacles.
- Expert Field InstructionClassroom
- PDF Workbook on Landscape Photography Techniques (delivered via email before the workshop)
- 2 Hour Post Workshop Group Critique of students work via Zoom (we will schedule a date for this later)
- Entrance Fees into the park
Whats Not Included:
- Travel to, from and during the workshop
- Lodging, meals and drinks
- A DSLR/Mirrorless Camera (film shooters also welcome)
- Lenses ranging from 14mm-200mm
- A sturdy tripod
- Circular Polarizing Filter
- Memory Cards
- Camera Backpack
- Water Shoes or Waders for working in and around rivers and streams
We are currently working on setting up the group rate. We will have this completed by no later than late April and you will receive information on securing a discounted room rate.
The full amount, 395.00, is due at registration. Cancelations will only receive a refund if we can fill your space on the workshop.
We always recommend purchasing Trip Insurance in case of an emergency or other events that are out of your control that may cause you to have to cancel your participation.
Many of our clients have purchased travel insurance through Travelex Insurance Services.