Date: November 3, 2023
Location: Caddo Lake State Park, Texas
Time: Sunrise - Sunset (Mid Day Classroom)
Have you ever wanted to photograph the haunting cypress swamps? Looking for an affordable, yet action packed day of photography and learning? If so, consider joining me for this special one day workshop shooting the Autumn Cypress of Caddo Lake State Park in Texas. The workshop will begin at sunrise in Caddo Lake State Park at Mill Pond where we will have access to photograph (from land and boardwalk) amazing cypress swamps landscapes in autumn color. After a 2-3 hour morning session at the pond, we will head into Marshall, Texas for a brunch break followed by a 2 hour classroom session where Joe will teach you all of his image development workflow & tips for specifically processing autumn swamp photographs. After class finishes up, we will head back to Mill Pond to Shoot late afternoon/sunset light in the swamp once again.
The workshop will conclude after our sunset shoot.
- Expert Field Instruction
- Classroom instruction on Post Processing
- A PDF Workbook on Swamp Photography Techniques (delivered via email before the workshop)
- A 2 Hour Post Workshop Group Critique of students work via Zoom (we will schedule a date for this later)
- Entrance Fees into the park
Whats Not Included:
- Travel to, from and during the workshop
- Lodging, meals and drinks
- A DSLR/Mirrorless Camera (film shooters also welcome)
- Lenses ranging from 24mm-400mm
- A sturdy tripod
- Circular Polarizing Filter
- Memory Cards
- Camera Backpack or bag
- Laptop loaded with Adobe Lightroom and or Photoshop (optional for following along in class)
We are currently working on setting up the group rate. We will have this completed by no later than late April and you will receive information on securing a discounted room rate.
The full amount, 395.00, is due at registration. Cancelations will only receive a refund if we can fill your space on the workshop.
We always recommend purchasing Trip Insurance in case of an emergency or other events that are out of your control that may cause you to have to cancel your participation.
Many of our clients have purchased travel insurance through Travelex Insurance Services.