LOCATION: GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS
COST: $2195.00 - (500.00 Deposit)
INSTRUCTOR: Joseph Rossbach
*Authorized Tour Provider by Great Smoky Mountains NP, USNPS
The Great Smoky Mountains are part of the larger Appalachian Mountain Range, one of the worlds oldest mountain ranges and are situated in a location where northern and souther tree species mix, making it one of the richest and most biodiverse parks on the planet. Over this workshop you will have a chance to explore and photograph world class streams & rivers, meadows and coves, mountain top vistas, world class fall colors and a kaleidoscope of color in the m any woodland and forest locations we will visit.
A few notable locations we will visit include Tremont, Cades Cove, Foothills Parkway, Newfound Gap/Clingman's Dome & other mountain top overlooks, Greenbriar and Big Run, the Little River and many more.
October 24: 2pm Meet & Greet followed by afternoon/sunset field session
October 25-27: Sunrise/Morning Field Session, early afternoon classroom session, afternoon/sunset field session
October 28: Sunrise/Morning Field Session. Tour ends no later than 9am.
What You Will Learn - The Craft and the Creative Adventure
- Best Gear and Practices
- Working the Light, Metering and Proper Exposure
- Managing Depth of Field and Critical Sharpness
- Advanced Photography Composition
- Working with Filters - Controlling & Modifying Natural Light
- Focus Stacking, Pano Stitching and Exposure Blending
- Shooting Black & White
- Image Development in Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop
The Creative Adventure:
- Seeing the Light
- Exploring Concepts such as minimalism, juxtaposition, creative Bokeh and more
- Long & Short Exposure Techniques
- ICM & Creative Blurs
- Advanced Composition
- Working with multiple Aspect Ratios
- Guiding, Field and Classroom Instruction
- Digital Darkroom Workflow
- Image Critiques
- Lodging, airfare & car rental
- Transportation ( we set up a car pool to maximize efficiency and reduce our footprint while in the park)
Our base of operations will be in Townsend, Tennessee known as the peaceful side of the Smokies. This location is situated at the entrance to the Smokies and provides quick access to some to the more beautiful areas we'll be photographing. We’ll e-mail you the hotel in Townsend where we have a block of rooms reserved as soon as you register.
Easy/Moderate - The wonderful thing about the Smokies that almost all locations over the workshop require little to no long hikes. That being said, we will be scrambling up and down hillsides and along streams, creeks and rivers over rocky and uneven terrain, so having some level of moderate fitness and balance is a must.
All deposits are non-refundable and the final balance is due no less than 90 days from the start of the workshop. You can simply log back onto this page and choose the final payment amount and checkout.